- Ref: 5766b
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £27,177 - £28,828 per annum
- Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus but required to work across all campus sites.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Analyst to join our Business Systems team. You will be part of a small, focussed team, who is responsible for ensuring the College’s systems are reliable, effective, and relevant to the business needs of the College.
As a Systems Analyst, you will use your technical expertise and business process knowledge, to support the implementation of the College’s Business System Strategy. You will be responsible for supporting, administering, and developing a variety of College business systems and applications, as well as training users in their effective operation. You will also be responsible for project managing the implementation of systems as and when required.
This role will involve:
- Providing assistance, analysis and advice to staff with regard to College business systems
- Developing applications and systems ensuring they meet the College’s business needs
- Support the College’s drive towards a single, unified systems structure
- Provide assistance and support to staff and students with regard to use of the College’s VLE and associated eLearning technology
As a Systems Analyst, you should:
- Be qualified to Degree level in a Business or IT related subject
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 – 4 in English and English or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL/Oracle SQL/MySQL
- Able to interpret data and data hygiene issues through proven work experience or qualification
- The ability to form excellent working relationships with other departments
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you. You won’t be disappointed….
See what we have to offer and come and join us.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am Monday 10 January 2022
Direct applicants only, please note no agency referrals will be accepted.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...