T & L Coach (English)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to help shape the learning culture of our school. The successful candidate will work within our recently established coaching team which is focused on engaging with up to date pedagogy and research and making this work for us in the classroom. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who aspires to whole-school T&L leadership in the future. The post will comprise of a 0.8fte teaching timetable in English and a 0.2fte whole-school coaching role.
In addition, we offer:
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a research engaged and forward thinking culture that is excited about innovation finding the best ways to do things;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role and the English Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘Further information about the role’
We would like you to be:
- excited about pedagogy and informed about the latest research;
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach English KS4 Language and Literature and preferably KS5 in either;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 8 July and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Wednesday 10 July.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.