Art & Design and Design & Technology Teaching Opportunity in Mongolia (British Curriculum)
BSU has entered an exciting phase of growth and development and as such, we are seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic teacher of Art & Design and Design & Technology to join our successful teaching team. Due to an increasing demand on student admissions we have expanded our Primary provision in both EYFS and at the upper end of KS2, with a 2-form entry throughout. Our first cohort of Year 13 students completed their ‘A’ Level studies last year and Year 8 will move into 2-form entry in September 2018. This growth pattern is expected to continue year on year.
BSU is a fully accredited member school of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). It successfully completed the British Schools Overseas inspection in 2014, two years after opening its doors to students. BSU is accredited with the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) Board.
BSU follows a curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Programme, the National Curriculum of England and Wales and Cambridge IGCSE and AS/A2 examinations.
We are a growing school within a unique and fascinating country which is regularly listed among the top ten places to visit in the world. With its stunning scenery and rich, historic culture, Mongolia offers a wide variety of new experiences whoever you are. Ulaanbaatar is moving into the 21st century, is changing and modernising at a fast rate. Come and experience this incredible environment, whilst expanding your career within the exciting and progressive British School of Ulaanbaatar.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree and PGCE or BEd with QTS
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum of England and Wales
- Experience teaching GCSE or IGCSE and AS/A2 A&D and D&T
- A passion for teaching and a commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism
- The ability to teach KS3 AD and DT
- Minimum 2 years experience in delivering National Curriculum Education
- Knowledge of working with EAL students
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first
- Competitive salary
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence
- Baggage allowance
- Health insurance
- 100% tuition fees for up to 2 children
- Free use of the pool and gym
All interested applicants are encouraged to send your C.V, a cover letter, a photo taken in the last 6 months and the names and contact information of 3 references, one being your current Head of School / Chair of Governors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16th January 2018
Early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our school and living in Mongolia, please watch a short video about life at BSU.