Teacher at Pathways School
Preferred specialism: primary, humanities or maths however other subject specialisms would be considered
Salary: MPS + SEN Allowance (TLR available for the right candidate)
Contract type: Full-time
Start Date: January 2022
Are you creative, courageous and resilient and want to make a real, tangible difference to children and young people’s lives?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a teacher in a unique special school for pupils with social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs in the London borough of Barking & Dagenham, a diverse urban area.
Pathways School is a small (but growing) special school, currently catering for pupils from KS2 to KS4 and offering a curriculum based on a child’s right to ‘Learn, Grow and Thrive’ .We absolutely believe that all our children and young people deserve to achieve and succeed and will do so, with the right guidance, academic, therapeutic and pastoral support.
The school joined Eko Trust, a family of good and outstanding schools in Hackney, Newham and Suffolk, in September 2019. As we continue to grow as a Trust, this is an exciting time for a new person to join the team to help shape the school on its journey.
The ideal candidate will have successful experience of teaching within either within the primary phase or secondary subject area. Due to the small size of the school, teachers are often required to teach an additional subject. As our school caters for young people with a wide range of needs, candidates will need to be creative and flexible in the delivery of the curriculum. Experience in planning for educational needs across the full ability range is desirable.
Candidates may come from a mainstream or a special school background. We pride ourselves in supporting staff development and there will be leadership opportunities for the right candidate.
Eko Trust and Pathways school offer:
● An excellent induction programme including regular and frequent team debriefs
● Opportunities to take part in group supervision, reflection and in school coaching and to participate in the Eko SEMH schools network (Pathways is one of two SEMH special schools in the Trust)
● Access to First Aid and Team Teach Training
● A very supportive and widely experienced team
● Opportunity to join the Trust Talented Leaders program for developing leadership
● Access to a wide set of professionals for expert support e.g. CAMHS, Educational Psychology
● The opportunity to gain accreditation - e.g.NPQs, NPQSL, NPQH, Level 3 Leadership program, Senior Leader Apprenticeship (MA level)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th October at 4pm
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 19th October
Please note: CV applications will not be considered. Only applications completed and submitted on the Trusts application form will be accepted. A visit to Pathways is strongly recommended. Please contact Amanda Marquis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details, to arrange a visit, an application pack or to speak to a member of the senior leadership team.
Eko Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and the Trust expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. A comprehensive screening process including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.
- Special needs with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
Pathways is a new all-through special school for pupils with severe Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties, who, for a variety of reasons find mainstream school challenging to manage. The school is part of the Eko Trust famil...