The Bethlem and Maudsley is an outstanding Hospital School. We work with pupils aged 4 – 19 who are patients of the Bethlem and Maudsley psychiatric hospitals.
The pupils come from local, regional, national areas and beyond. We support pupils’ continued learning and their successful reintegration. We complement the hospitals’ focus on recovery by seeking to minimise the future impact of admission.You will be required to work at both the Bethlem and Maudsley sites of the school, but primarily based at the Bethlem site of the school in the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) .
The PICU is a new service which will provide mental health care and treatment for pupils who need a secure environment whilst they recover. You willbe responsible for providing teaching mostly at KS3, KS4 and KS5, offering a core curriculum subject. Flexibility to teach additional subjects is also required. For these vulnerable pupils the aim will be to prepare them to return to education in one of the open psychiatric wards and eventually to their school or college. We require an inspirational teacher who:
- is passionate about learning and teaching pupils;
- can motivate and lead pupils in learning;
- has proven good teaching across the curriculum;
- has experience of helping pupils overcome barriers to learning;
- is committed to working in partnership with students, parents, staff and other professionals;
- can work well in a team and show initiative;
- will prepare pupils to reintegrate back to mainstream education;
has experience of teaching either in a mainstream or special school
We can offer you:
- engaging work alongside a hardworking, professional and dedicated team;
- opportunities to work in a unique hospital setting;
- opportunities for personal and professional development;
Informal discussion: Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone the Headteacher, John Ivens, Maarten Crommelin, Deputy Headteacher, on 020 8777 1897 for an informal discussion about the post.
Informal visit will take place on Wednesday 9th May 2018 at 5pm, please email to reserve your place.
Closing date: 14th May 2018, Noon at School Office
Interview date: Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham BR3 3BX
Tel: 020 877 1897 Email: email@example.com Website: bethlem-maudsleyschool.org.uk Headteacher: John Ivens
Please send completed applications to the address shown above and mark for the attention of John Ivens, or alternatively,
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake an Enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.