Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Aspris Children’s Services (an independent company which was formally Priory Education and Children’s Services) is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of specialist care and education for a reason. We recruit some of the most committed staff in the sector.
Woodbourne Hospital School is an independent co-educational day school for young people aged 12 to 18 with mental health challenges. Our students are all inpatients at Woodbourne Hospital, which provides a CAMHS service across two wards. This is an exciting time to be joining the school as one of our wards moves to become a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) whilst the other remains a General Adolescent Unit (GAU) with our school having a total of 24 places.
It is our intention that every student develops their courage, determination and skills as a learner, so they can re-engage confidently with their education on discharge. We liaise with mainstream schools and colleges and each young person has an individualised curriculum plan in each subject area, with progress being closely monitored.
Accreditation is framed in line with national benchmarks and encourages independent and group learning, to foster self-belief and resilience. Safeguarding and supporting the young person’s individual needs are paramount to our ethos of recovery through supported and aspirational learning. Whilst in our care, young people have access to nationally accredited Functional Skills qualifications in English and Maths and many gain ASDAN accreditation.
- We aim to recruit an individual who shares our vision of student-centred learning, framed within a progressive, exciting and flexible curriculum.
- We are a collaborative and supportive team and aim to recruit a like- minded individual who would enjoy the opportunity to deliver subjects across all secondary key stages. Always keen to broaden our curriculum offer, we welcome ideas for further development.
- We set high standards for teaching and learning and our young people maintain very good levels of attendance and engagement.
- You will need to be an outstanding practitioner, committed to the best possible outcomes for young people, passionate about influencing educational best practice and able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a hospital setting.
- Also, a flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated teacher who is able to support forward thinking change and respond quickly to the needs of each young person we teach.
- The successful candidate may take responsibility for literacy and personal development, and lead on our English curriculum, as well as the pastoral care of a small tutor group supported by the Head of School. However, applications from candidates with specialisms other than English will be given equal consideration. Our focus is on appointing a resilient and confident teacher who can fully support the aims and ethos of the school and who is able to embrace our bespoke learning model.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from secondary mainstream or specialist education or community provision who are looking to move into a hospital specialist setting.
If you have relevant experience, then why not contact Executive Head Teacher Patricia Wilson for an informal chat on 07802 876868.
Aspris is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
What do you get in return?
- A generous salary
- Being part of a company that invests in you and your team for personal and professional development
- Reward and discount schemes
- Enhanced DBS fee paid
- Access to a holiday package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support
You can be part of something special
At Aspris, we are dedicated to enhancing the life opportunities of the children and young people within our homes, and always celebrate uniqueness and diversity.
Our homes are part of a large children’s group with a national footprint offering significant development, support and progression opportunities. We also operate a fostering service and a number of high quality specialist schools in both the UK and the Middle East.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
Our UK specialist schools, colleges, children’s homes and fostering agency provide the highest standards of support to children with a range of needs. This includes autism, learning difficulties, social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties and supporting some of society’s most vulnerable children. With a large national footprint, as well as education services in the Middle East, this also offers significant and exciting development and progression opportunities for our staff.
Aspris Education & Children's Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Aspris Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
The Woodbourne Priory Hospital is a 43-bed acute psychiatric hospital for adolescents and adults offering a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, day patient and therapy services, including a 12-bed adolescent ward.
- Addiction t...