To implement and manage appropriate learning programs for students and to assess individual student progress.
Qualifications as established by the Tasmanian Industrial Commission in the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award, 2005.
Current certificate of registration; or provisional registration; or limited authority to teach granted by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania) in accordance with the provisions of the Teachers Registration Act 2000. Please note that a person with a limited authority to teach can only be employed on a fixed-term basis.
Under the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award;
• Any new employee commencing from 2018 will not progress past Band 1 Level 9 unless the employee has full teacher registration as certified by the Teachers Registration Board (Tasmania).
• An employee who has been at Band 1 Level 12 for 12 months or more and has full teacher registration as certified by the Teachers
Registration Board (Tasmania) is eligible to progress to Level 13.
The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
• Current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status – Employment)
• Four years or more training as defined in the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award 2005.
Enquiries to Andrew Woodham (03) 6271 1111
All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss specific details of the vacancy with the Contact Person.
For relevant supporting documents, including a statement of duties, please click Apply Now.
Electronic submission of applications via ‘Apply Now’ is preferred.
Applications submitted electronically:
- must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format, each with a size no greater than 10MB
- will be acknowledged immediately by return email
- do not require additional paper copies of the application to be sent through the mail
Applicants should forward/include:
- a completed Application for Employment form
- a statement addressing the selection criteria
- relevant personal details and work history.
All applicants are required to supply a valid email address with their application for the purposes of email communication.
The cost associated with obtaining a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) is the responsibility of the individual.
Applications should be made via the Apply Now button and submitted online by 11.30pm AEDT on the advertised closing date.
Should you have any queries regarding applying for this vacancy online, please contact Department of Education HR Recruitment and Employment phone +61 3 6165 6285.