The Hutchins School, established in 1846, is an Anglican Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 day and boarding school in Hobart, Tasmania, with an enrolment of over 1,000 boys. We are an Anglican school whose supportive learning community works together to nurture character of boys.
The School seeks to appoint a permanent full time Teacher – Design, Production and Digital Technology to join our highly regarded team in Sandy Bay.
The position will focus on design-based education, both from an aesthetic and process driven approach. Ideally, we are looking for you to work in the design and digital technology frameworks of the Australian Curriculum (Years 6-10) and the Tasmanian Assessment and Certification Courses (TASC Years 11-12).
The preferred candidate would have the following proven experience:
- Working with students to undertake design briefs and generating personal study portfolios.
- Hold a variety of skills with tools, equipment, technology and materials.
- Strong capability in woods, plastics, electronics, CADD CAM, metals and graphic communication
- Planning and delivering a curriculum that develops 21st century learning skills, with an emphasis on the areas of collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and communication.
- Using wood and metal processing machinery.
- In addition, you will have a willingness to undertake ongoing professional learning in order to participate from time to time in the whole and total mission of the faculty.
For further information and to apply go to www.hutchins.tas.edu.au/employment.
Confidential questions can be directed via email@example.com.
Applications close 9.00am, Friday 30 April 2021
Applications will only be accepted via the Hutchins website. Applications sent via SEEK will not be considered.
The Hutchins School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and must hold a current Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (RWVP).
The Hutchins School
71 Nelson Road, Hobart, Tasmania
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
The Hutchins School is an independent, Anglican day and boarding school for boys from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 in Sandy Bay, Tasmania.
The school was founded in 1846 as a memorial to The Venerable William Hutchins, first Archdeacon of the colony o...