Class Teacher - Buckfastleigh Primary School
We want all children to:
• Feel they BELONG
• Be CURIOUS
• Be CREATIVE
• Feel EMPOWERED
…. and think about the SUSTAINABILITY of everything we do.
We are looking for a teacher with a positive attitude and great sense of humour to join our team at Buckfastleigh Primary School which is part of Westcountry School’s Trust. We are a single form entry school with a passion for giving children fantastic learning experiences and we are looking for a proactive teacher who can join us on our journey of school improvement. The post offers a brilliant opportunity to play a major role in developing the school and influencing school improvement.
At Buckfastleigh, we believe all children deserve to be…
“Safe, respected and ready to step out into the world.”
Buckfastleigh Primary School is at the heart of the community on the edge of Dartmoor. There are fantastic learning opportunities right on our doorstep and we are looking for teachers who can unlock those.
The successful candidate will;
• Encourage a love of learning in their classroom.
• Be able to build great relationships with children.
• Be committed to achieving high standards across the school.
• Have high expectations for learning and behaviour
• Have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff, governors and parents.
We can offer you:
• The freedom to get on with what you do best – teach.
• A friendly professional team committed to achieving the very best for the children
• Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development through WeST
• Enthusiastic and supportive governors and parents
• Lovely children who deserve the best
Please email our administrator Kirsty Sparks if you would like to arrange a visit to the school – email@example.com
If you believe you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required, we look forward to receiving your application. Application form and job description are available to download from the school website.
Please indicate on your application form any particular areas of interest or strengths which you can bring to this role. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Completed applications should be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Wednesday 19th May.
Interview date: Friday 21st May 2021.
Buckfastleigh Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years