Quay View School, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7EX
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational SEN teacher to join our teaching team, with proven track records in achieving high standards of quality.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent classroom practice
- Be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism, trauma and attachment related conditions and will further build on a reputation of high quality specialist support for young people with complex learning needs
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for this group of learners
- Be a team player who is able to motivate, lead and support teams of colleagues
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with parents, carers and liaise with other professionals
- Be a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to the development of our school
- Be an individual who aspires for professional development and career development
The successful candiate would preferably have experience in Keystage 2 planning and delivery which can be transferrable to keystage 3 learners.
If you think you are the right person and you want to make a difference to the lives of the children who will attend our schools we want to hear from you.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Devon Children's Services is made up of two schools, Quay View School (Bere Alston) and Tor View School (Tavistock) and four children's homes based in Tavistock, Gunnislake and Okehampton. We specialise in care and education of children and young people aged 7-19 with autism, learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and SEMH. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our young people who may have experienced challenges in their lives is always paramount; along with encouragement to achieve their full potential.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Quay View School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
In liaison with the commissioning LA’s and parents, we are ab...