Teacher for ASD Provision
Salary: MPS + SEN 1
Contract: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We wish to appoint for September 2017 or sooner a teacher with an outstanding track record to Heartlands High School Autism Provision in Haringey. The provision is co-located at Heartlands High School and opened in September 2011, we cater for students with severe to moderate autism and related learning needs. The provision reached its capacity of 30 students in the secondary age range in September 2015. However, the successful post-holder will have the opportunity to work in a larger, brand-new, purpose build school for autism in the near future.
In March 2015, the Heartlands Community Trust had our bid to open a brand new all-through School for Autism in Haringey approved by the Department for Education. The school will provide 104 places for children between the ages of 5 and 18, providing the continuity those children with autism need. The proposal was developed with the Local Authority to meet the deficit of autism provision locally. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to be involved in the founding of this new school as all contracted staff in the current autism provision at Heartlands High School will transfer automatically to the new school with the same rights.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a KS3 or 4 class team to plan effective learning opportunities for students with severe to moderate autism within the provision, teaching a primary style curriculum covering all subjects across the NC, incorporating life and independence skills and embedding opportunities for the development of social communication and emotional regulation across the curriculum. Class sizes are small, up to 8 students with two Learning Support Assistants. The post holder will also work closely with our multi disciplinary team. The provision has an integrated approach to teaching and therapeutic intervention and we welcome applicants whose skills reflect this.
The successful candidate will be required to:
· Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team;
· Have either primary school training or be able to teach a primary style curriculum;
· Have previous experience of teaching in an Autism-specific environment;
· Work closely with the Director of the ASD Provision, teaching and support staff;
· Have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda;
· Have experience of completing SEN assessments and pastoral plans;
· Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
· Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
· Work within and contribute to the larger faculty;
· Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.
Closing date: Monday 03rd July by 12 p.m. Interviews will take place on Friday 7th July 2017.
Contact Ranjana Negi on 020 8826 1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries regarding the post.
Prospective applicants are welcome to book an appointment with HR should you wish to visit the school.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.