Are you motivated to help students learn and do you have a passion for your subject? Are you aspiring to become an Assistant Subject Leader in Mathematics within the next 12 – 18 months? Do you want to work within the Alban Academies Trust which will facilitate outstanding professional development?
If this is you, then you are the exact professional Ridgeway Academy is looking for.
Teacher for Mathematics
Ridgeway Academy is a member of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT), together with Sandringham, Verulam, Wheatfields Junior and Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery schools. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. The AAT motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. Maths achieved record results in 2019 securing a significant increase on 2018, taking results above national average.
We opened in September 2018, as part of the Alban Academies Trust, to great excitement from our community with the aim of becoming a truly outstanding school in the future. Our motto is ‘Everyone can achieve’ and we are looking to appoint an outstanding person who can help us achieve our ambitions
Our expectation would be, through specialist mentoring from our highly experienced Director of Mathematics and excellent professional development with the AAT, the successful candidate would be aspiring to be an Assistant Subject Leader in Mathematics within 12 – 18 months.
We can offer you:
- A collaborative, supportive team with a passion for teaching and facilitating progress
- A highly experienced Director of Mathematics to nurture and grow your leadership skills
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to progress and work hard
- First class professional development
- A network of Leaders across Ridgeway Academy and the AAT who are highly effective
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a passionate Mathematics teacher who puts student progress and engagement at the heart of all they do and wants to take the next step in their career
- Can share and deliver in the vision to be an outstanding department
- Is willing to learn and help evolve the good practices already in place
If you would like to join us on our journey and have access to amazing career prospects through the trust, we would love to hear from you. We are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the DBS, satisfactory references and medical clearance.
An application form is available on our website,
www.ridgeway.herts.sch.uk. Applications must include a cover letter, no more
than two sides of A4.
If you have any queries, please contact the HR Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 373. Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 21 May 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 25 May 2021
'Everybody can achieve'
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years