Here at Pivot our vision and passion to grow as a company and provider is stronger than ever. We remain committed to putting children at the centre of everything we do and as a result we have achieved phenomenal results with schools, local authorities and most importantly, children. We pride ourselves on our ability to think outside the box and take comfort in challenging the norms and developing a creative response to need in our specialist areas of special educational needs, pastoral, inclusion and alternative educational services and support. We work with students who display challenging behaviour in certain situations. It is our job to enable them to take responsibility for themselves and to be able to contribute successfully to society.
We are setting up a small centre (The Bungalow) to enhance the provision specifically for young people with SEMH needs. The Bungalow will initially cater for up to 8 KS3 young people. The priority will be working with them to improve their emotional well-being, resilience and confidence to enable them to access education successfully. The team will consist of a lead therapist, 2 teachers, 2 HLTAs and 2 learning/behaviour mentors with additional support from other specialist staff - therapists/educational psychologist/social worker.
We are looking for a Teacher who will be enthusiastic and sensitive, with the ability to keep calm in challenging situations.
General responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Have accountability for leading, managing and developing the curriculum across your subject area/s within TPA
- Responsible for attainment and progress in your subject area/s for all students enrolled at TPA, in line with agreed targets
- Supporting, develop and enhance the teaching practice of others so that they teach lessons that are not judged less than typically good
- Helping to create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children's learning
- Helping to create and manage an environment that supports the emotional well-being and development of the young people.
Previous applicants need not apply.