We are excited to advertise this position.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking, well-resourced and supportive department. More importantly, to take a lead in this department for physics and add to our science departments journey toward being a Great department.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering excellent lessons and achieving excellent results for your students. You will be an excellent teacher of Physics, with experience of raising achievement and maintaining high expectations for all students. You will lead science teachers across the Physics curriculum and ensure that they deliver a great curriculum to all students.
Ideal candidates will:
· Be an excellent science teacher who inspires
· Have a positive impact on student’s progress and be able to lead others to do so also.
· Possess a strong desire to create an excellent department in which all are valued and play a key role
· Have demonstrable evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
· Be passionate about developing their own practice and the teaching and learning practice of others
· Communicate effectively to staff, students and parents
· Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
· Be able to work with all leaders and teachers to deliver
You can expect:
· Access to high quality CPD and research opportunities
· The chance to work in a very good school that is rapidly improving
· Access to state of the art resources and facilities
· Support from a dedicated technician team
· A highly supportive leadership team
Application packs are available from our website www.chessingtoncommunitycollege.co.uk or Elsa Harris, Chessington Community College, Garrison Lane, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2JS, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8974 1156 x 204. For an informal conversation or to arrange an informal visit to the school prior to the closing date please contact Keith Middleton, Senior Assistant Headteacher line manager of science.
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS