Headteacher: Mr Steven Hogan, BA (Hons) MA PGCE
No. on roll 1793 (incl. 333 in Sixth Form)
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos based on the principles of Kindness, Tolerance, Respect and Aiming for Excellence, referred to as the ‘Woodbridge Way’. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community, and is oversubscribed for admission in September 2019. GCSE and A Level results are strong year after year, and the school is fully inclusive with a commitment to providing for the needs of all.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher to lead the teaching in our new unit for KS3 students with mental health or other needs who are not currently able to attend mainstream schools.
The new unit will begin operation in Autumn 2019 and will have places for ten students from across the local authority. Students will focus on developing literacy and numeracy skills and on their confidence to return to mainstream education. They will have access to a full range of support services while they are with us.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a qualified primary or secondary teacher
- Have experience of working with young people with mental health or other particular needs in mainstream or other settings
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education and educational inclusion
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes in an alternative setting
- Have the ability to lead and direct other professionals
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- The chance to be instrumental in setting up a new educational provision
- A welcoming and friendly staff body with huge expertise to draw on
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form (the school can only consider completed school application forms, not just CVs) are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing email@example.com or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Helen Dalby, Headteacher’s PA, as above to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday, 20th May 2019 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.