About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2018/2019 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 7th out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who are the workforce and leaders of the future.
The School of Academy, Public Sector and Commercial Enterprise (APC) supports over a thousand students studying across nine curriculum areas. The Public services curriculum has been growing over the last few years and team are keen to develop the curriculum with engaging and interactive sessions to support development of skills and fitness needed for Uniformed Protective Services careers.
To plan, teach and assess students to a high standard within the school of APC, meeting the expectations contained within the College’s teaching and learning standards which have been mapped to the Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers in Education and Training.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- GCSE in maths and English – minimum grade C/4
- Level 4 qualification or suitable industry experience in Public services
- Teacher training qualification or willingness to work towards
- Experience in teaching or training
- Ability to work within a team, having good attention to detail and be self motivated.
- Good understanding of equality, diversity and safeguarding
Rewards and Benefits include
- 53 days pro rata annual leave, comprising 42 personal days, pro rata (1 September – 31 August), including 8 bank holidays and 3 closure days. The College reserves the right to designate up to 3 closure days per holiday year
- Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel
- Eligible to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 23.68%)
- Access to continued professional development
- Free car parking
- Gym facilities
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
- Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
- Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve-month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
Hours of work are 37 per week, 52 weeks per year, with 855 annual teaching hours, however we welcome applications for both part time and hourly paid contracts.
If you would like to be a part of our successful team please go to https://www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk/working-for-us.html for further details on how to apply.
Job share will be considered for this post
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check