An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful, friendly and supportive teaching team within Wakefield College. As a Lecturer in Business, you will teach across a range of Further Education courses in the Business provision and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the Computing, IT, Business, Digital, Sport, Public Services, Travel and Tourism team.
Teacher / Lecturer in Business
- Ref: 4450
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary (unqualified): £24,514 - £25,990 per annum
- Salary (qualified): £26,767- £31,022 per annum
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Business, you will pass on your experience, knowledge and skills to our students in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes that can lead to successful employment or further study.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Business, you should
- Have a degree in a relevant subject area
- Have experience as a teacher/lecturer in Business in FE
- Hold GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- The ability to teach Business subjects
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 15 February 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday 20 February 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.