Teacher / Lecturer in Construction
- Hours of work: Full time / part time opportunities available
- Job ref: 9599a
- Location: Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
- Salary (Unqualified): £24,759- £26,250 per annum pro rata for part time
- Salary (Qualified): £27,035- £31,332 per annum pro rata for part time
Up to £34,229 + Market forces payment options could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidates. This can be discussed at interview.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals; while ensuring the economic development and success of Construction industries.
We are looking for a motivated person, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, with a passion for Construction.
You will benefit from the superbly-equipped workshops and specialist rooms available at our purpose-built Castleford Campus.
To find out more about our Construction curriculum and the courses we offer visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/construction
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction, you should currently hold:
- NVQ Level 3 in a Construction related discipline
- GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications (Grades 9 - 4) or level 2 equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant work / industry experience
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 6 December 2019.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.