If you have a strong background in plumbing and/or building, and you love to share your skills and knowledge with others, then a job at Wakefield College awaits.
About the department:
The campus in Glasshoughton, Castleford is a state of the art learning facility which provides a live training environment to students. We have superbly-equipped workshops and specialist rooms at the Campus, as well as strong links with industry on a regional level. Employers are keen to attend the College and provide talks on their company and job opportunities.
All in all, it’s a fantastic place to learn for students and a great place to come and work.
About the role:
It’s a typical lecturing role where we’ll expect you to be fully committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our students achieve their full potential. Specifically, you’ll share your knowledge and experience of the construction trade on a range of courses, as well as:
- Be actively involved in the organisation, development and delivery of training, providing you with a genuine opportunity to share your skills and expertise with the professionals of tomorrow.
- Provide guidance and support to students as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of changes within the industry and liaise with employers/organisations in the community with a view to arranging work placements for students.
- Develop and implement appropriate quality management and assurance systems.
We’re specifically looking for the following skills/attributes:
- The ability to deliver practical workshops in a range of construction disciplines
More about you.
If you’re passionate about your industry, are motivated and can inspire others, and you have an excellent track record of training, then you’ll fit right in. Relevant hands-on experience in the plumbing and/or building industry to include recognised trade qualifications and Assessor Awards (or to undertake training to achieve this status) will be required, but don’t worry if you haven’t got your teaching certificate, as Wakefield College will support your professional development through its Programme of Excellence.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 14 August 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.