We believe in Excellence for Everyone
We have high standards and high expectations. We always put the needs of our 271 pupils first. We strive for Excellence for Everyone at West Oaks, whether it be pupil, parent, carer, staff or community member. Our school is a happy and healthy place to learn. In the last decade West Oaks has been rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted three times, 2007, 2012 and 2017 and earned National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation in 2017, but we can achieve more.
Talent is our most important asset and we are looking for exceptional teachers to join our expanding and over-subscribed school from September 2018
We are looking for excellent teachers with experience across Primary or Secondary phase age ranges.
The successful candidate will
- be or have aspirations to be an outstanding practitioner
- be creative and inspirational
- be enthusiastic, ambitious, energetic and dedicated to raising achievement
- be able to build positive relationships with everyone
- be committed to and can demonstrate high expectations for learning and behaviour
West Oaks has:
- An excellent balance of care and support
- A leadership team dedicated to attainment, achievement and enjoyment
- Friendly, welcoming staff with high expectations of themselves and pupils alike
- A commitment to diversity and a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare and safety
The successful applicant may be an NQT, a teacher in the early years of their career, or someone with more experience. You may be a teacher in a mainstream school, looking to translate your experience to a specialist setting.
West Oaks operates across two bases – Boston Spa Learning and Woodhouse Learning. We work consistently across both sites and if appointed, you will link directly with the Principal/Vice-Principal/Head of School to ensure high quality outcomes for our pupils. You could be deployed to work at any of our bases.
A school visit is highly recommended. Our school website will give you a flavour of the school but if you would like to find out more, do come and visit us:
- 19th February at 4 p.m. or 22nd February at 9.30 a.m. at Boston Spa Learning (LS23 6DX)
- 19th February at 1.00 p.m. at Woodhouse Learning (LS6 2ST)
Please call Liz Lowes on 01937 844772 to book your place.
Closing Date: Monday 26th February 12 noon.
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds