West SILC is a successful all age generic special school. Approximately half of pupils on roll attend partnership provision in local primary and secondary schools.
General class teacher on main site @ Milestone
Main or Upper Pay Scale + Minimum SEN allowance (permanent)
Required for September 2018.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified teacher to join our successful team within the secondary Semi-Formal curriculum. The successful candidate will be required to teach students with moderate to severe learning difficulties (P- scales to y1/2 primary expectations), across a range of curricular areas including. Applications are encouraged from excellent primary practitioners, including NQTs.
The Governors wish to appoint a motivated and outstanding practitioner to join a committed, hard-working and experienced staff team. The colleague appointed would ideally:
- Develop a flexible personalised approach based on the needs of our learners
- Deliver highly effective teaching and learning
- Develop excellent relationships with all pupils and staff
- Be confident, enthusiastic and actively embrace change
- Use Restorative Practice in their approach.
The West SILC will offer:
- A warm, welcoming staff team
- An experienced, supportive leadership
- Appropriate induction and CPD
- Opportunity for career progression.
We think it is important for prospective candidates to visit please contact the school office to confirm attendance, specifying which post you are interested in as we have more than one vacancy advertised:
- Thursday 7th June at 10.00 am
- Wednesday 13th June at 1.30 pm
Applications are available on line/submitted by post or email firstname.lastname@example.org
West SILC, 4 Town Street, Stanningley,
Leeds LS28 6HL. Tel: 0113 3862450
Closing date: Monday 18th June at 2.00pm. Interviews will be held week beginning 25th June.
West SILC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for appointment to this post.
We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of Leeds.