We strive for excellence ……… do you?
West Oaks SEN Specialist School and College, a 2-19 special school, is a brilliant place to work and learn.
We have high standards and high expectations and we always put the needs of our 293 pupils first. We strive for Excellence for Everyone at West Oaks, whether it be pupil, parent, carer, staff or community member. Our school is a happy and healthy place to learn.
In the last 13 years, West Oaks has achieved four very positive Ofsted visits and earned National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation in 2017, but we strive to achieve more.
Teaching Talent is our most important asset and we are looking for more high-quality teachers to join our school from September 2020 (MPS/UPS + SEN allowance of £3249).
Due to another expansion, taking our pupil numbers to 369 by September 2022, we are looking for staff to join our team who can translate their experience across our school and really make a difference.
If you are highly skilled, enthusiastic, ambitious, energetic and dedicated to raising achievement we would like to hear from you. We are looking for staff for the following roles:
- Class teachers - Boston Spa Learning (Primary/Secondary)
- Class teachers – Woodhouse Learning (Primary/Secondary)
- A teacher of 16+ at Woodhouse Learning
- Maths teacher (KS3/KS4) – to work across both sites
- Physical Education teacher – to work across both sites
SEN experience is not essential but a commitment to get it right for our pupils is. Successful candidates will:
- be or have aspirations to be outstanding practitioners
- have an excellent working knowledge of their curriculum area
- be a Primary/Secondary teacher who can transfer their experience to a specialist setting
We are also interested in hearing from teachers who could take a lead on our outdoor curriculum.
We are looking for teachers who are ready to take on a new challenge and embed outstanding practice within an already established provision which has extremely well-resourced classrooms and teaching areas. You will be supported by highly professional staff with a strong team ethos.
Should you be successful in securing a post at West Oaks, you will receive:
- a significant amount of support from our highly experienced team to enable you to enhance your skills towards being the very best teacher you can be
- an effective induction programme to support your transition to the specialist environment and specifically West Oaks
- quality continuous professional development both within school and externally in relation to your role
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme and a Cycle to Work scheme
West Oaks operates across two bases – Boston Spa Learning and Woodhouse Learning. If appointed, you will link directly with the Principal/Heads of School to ensure high quality outcomes for our pupils.
A school visit is highly recommended. Our school website will give you a flavour of the school but if you would like to find out more, do come and visit us at our open evenings on:
- Tuesday 24th March from 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. at Woodhouse Learning (LS6 2ST)
- Thursday 26th March from 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. at Boston Spa Learning (LS23 6DX)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Closing Date: Monday 20th April at 12 noon.
Interviews: Tuesday 28th April or Friday 1st May.
We are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.