Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented and qualified teacher librarian to join our dynamic library team in the senior school.
The position is a permanent part-time role (3 days per week), commencing in Term 1 2020.
Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching in a senior school library setting. Knowledge of the IB Diploma would also be an advantage.
The key responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Implementing evidence-based approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes;
- Designing and facilitating a variety of innovative teaching and learning strategies to engage and make content meaningful;
- Establishing a safe and supportive learning environment both within and outside of the library;
- Encouraging a reading culture within the school;
- Collaborating with teaching staff to implement information literacy across the curriculum;
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities;
- Using a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including ICT to make content meaningful to all students;
- Applying a range of literacy and numeracy strategies to meet the needs of all students;
- Supporting the library team in the operational running of the library.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- possesses a strong academic record with relevant qualifications in Teacher Librarianship;
- holds a strong collaborator that works well within a team environment;
- is an effective teacher with an excellent understanding of the modern school library practices;
- has a natural rapport with staff and students;
- is passionate about literature and reading;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them in their learning;
- has an understanding of library management systems and use of catalogues and databases;
- possesses a creative and flexible mindset whereby you are able to adapt according to the changing needs of students and faculty;
- is experienced in implementing information literacy into programs in collaboration with subject teachers;
- has the ability to engage with technology as a tool for teaching and learning;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- will participate fully in school events, assemblies, staff professional development, meetings, etc.
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning; and
- will actively support the ethos of the school.
The successful applicant will need to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 11 November 2019