Clearwater Bay School Website: http://www.cwbs.edu.hk
Clearwater Bay School is a four form entry school with a capacity for 720 students.
Clearwater Bay School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving the Sai Kung, Clearwater Bay and Tseung Kwan O communities in the Eastern New Territories of Hong Kong. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.
Clearwater Bay School is now seeking to appoint a Teacher Librarian starting August 2020. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teaching and Learning:
• Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
• Engage and challenge learners within a supportive, information rich learning environment
• Use learning technologies and information resources to enhance learning.
• Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Evaluate student learning to provide evidence of progress in information literacy and reading.
Wider professional roles:
• Provide exemplary library and information services
• Ensure the Learning Resource Centre is a multifunctional focal point for student learning across the school
• Collaborate with teachers to develop literature based reading programs and literature which supports the programme of inquiry
• Strategically plan and budget for improvement in library and information services and programs.
• Organise procedures and systems for efficient delivery of services including flexible timetabling for use of the Learning Resource Centre.
• Coordinate the roles and daily tasks of Learning Resource Centre staff and volunteers.
• Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and use the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Collaborate with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Lead a subject area
• Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
• Assist team leaders and members of the Senior Leadership Team with specific functions.
• Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
• Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
• Qualifications in librarianship highly desirable.
• 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred.
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Closing Date: 20 Oct 2019
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at +852 23583221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.