Kesser Torah College, located in Dover Heights, Sydney, is a Jewish educational facility offering Jewish Education and care for children aged 1 year – Year 12. Our Jewish orthodox school with a Chabad ethos accommodates over 400 students catering to over 200 families. With a staff complement of 90 professionals, the school is committed to enhancing academic and extra-curricular learning for each child as an individual and to providing the highest quality Jewish and Secular education, as well as pastoral care. The teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe OBM continue to inspire the educational philosophy of Kesser Torah College.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Teacher-Librarians to join our school for a part- time position, commencing in Term 3, 2019. The successful applicant must demonstrate exemplary and innovative literacy skills (K-12, with an emphasis on K-6). In 2018, we completed construction of a new library facility, so the ability to maintain and manage our new library is essential.
The successful applicant will have:
- Teacher qualification approval and registration with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- current Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Experience as a Teacher-Librarian
- A high standard of competency and proficiency as a Teacher Librarian
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- The ability to manage a new library
- The willingness to develop an understanding of and support our Jewish ethos.
Applicants need to submit
1. Covering Letter
4. NESA Registration
5. Working with Children Check
6. Copies of academic transcripts AND qualifications.
7. Contact information for two professional referees.
You must have work rights in Sydney, NSW, Australia.