Think International School is an IB World School in Hong Kong. Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, child-centered, and challenging environment that uses an inquiry based approach to foster diversityand to develop knowledgeable and open-minded, courageous and caring life-long learners.
The secondary School section follows the British National Curriculum Key stage 3 to 4 and IGCSE/IBDP.
We are seeking to employ an experienced and motivated teacher librarian for the upperprimary (PYP years 4 – 6) and secondary school (IGCSE and IBDP).
• Maintain a full-time presence in the library to guide individual students in the selection and use of resources for curricular and leisure needs
• Collaborate by attending meetings to plan and improve the curriculums taught
• Create a motivating, innovative and inspiring learning environment
• Teach through Information Literacy lessons the progressive acquisition of age appropriate library and research skills, aligned where appropriate to the units of inquiry and in keeping with PYP, IGCSE and IBDP practices
• Develop the information literacy scope and sequence to support best practice
• Support teachers in their units of inquiry by providing appropriate resource books for units and support materials at the beginning of each unit
• Work with Year 6 PYP Exhibition students to support inquiry and research skills and the creation of accurate bibliographies
• Motivate and assist students to locate, retrieve, interpret, evaluate and present information
• Maintain and update the computerisation of the library’s catalogue to facilitate access to information and student records
• Research and promote ways to incorporate new media within the library where appropriate
• Promote reading for pleasure, hobbies and other useful activities, such as involvement in running the library
• Support the invigilation of international students in transition requiring external examinations, where appropriate
• Create and developing an effective professional development library for staff
• Provide advice to parents, teachers and students about next steps in reading, including the creation of appropriate booklists with recommended reads
• Coordinate author and illustrator visits to promote a love of reading and to support units of inquiry and the secondary curriculums
• Resource and promote Mother Tongue media/books
• Promote the library to the whole school community, e.g. through book promotion events, author visits and newsletters
The Librarian should also anticipate and respond to the information needs within the school:
• Maintain effective partnerships with teachers to identify their curricular requirements and match these to relevant resources
• Establish co-operative links with other libraries and information agencies e.g. Schools Library Services, workshops, Museums, public and college library networks
• Compile useful databases, bibliographies and booklists from shared knowledge and expertise
• Collaborate with teachers in the evaluation of learning resources and learning skills
Successful candidates will be offered:
• A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first term
• Competitive salary
If residing outside HK:
• Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence if living outside HK
• Seven days hotel accommodation provided at start of contract if outside HK
• Working Visa
• Baggage allowance
Think International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews will be held via Skype/in person if already in HK.
A current CV, including recent photograph and two professional references should also be included and emailed together with the letter of application of no more than two A4 sides to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org