Smart Teachers Australia is recruiting for a qualified Teacher Librarian at an elite, independent, day and boarding school for girls located in a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales (NSW) Australia. The school educates girls from reception to year 12 and has a strong commitment to academic excellence, a wide range of subject choices, extensive co-curricular activities, small class sizes and outstanding end-of-year results. This position has the opportunity to become permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- Job reference #: TES1611-157298SM
- Teacher Librarian – Junior School
- Full-time position
- Commencing January, 2017
- May become a permanent position for the right candidate
- Pastoral care duties as required
Located in the Upper North Shore of Sydney
Prestigious independent environment
Outstanding, well-regarded school
Excellent resources and facilities
Our client school is located in Pymble, a suburb on the Upper North Shore of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia 10 miles north-west of the Sydney central business district. Pymble is a very desirable suburb for the well-heeled residents of Sydney due to the availability of quality schools, good transport and larger houses on large blocks of land in quiet, leafy streets. Property in the region is surrounded by reserves and National Parks, which provide a welcome refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have valid visa)
- Hold a teaching qualification (Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree) and, or be studying towards, qualifications in teacher librarianship
- Possess a strong primary teaching background
- Have knowledge of library management systems
- Be registered or be eligible for the NSW Board of Studies Teaching and Educational Standards (BOSTES) Institution
- Be registered or be eligible for the Working With Children Check registration (WWCC)
- Provide a minimum of three professional references
The Benefits of Working with SMART:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. Our candidates remain exclusive to one consultant. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time.
Interested in Applying?
In order to apply for this full-time role please contact email@example.com via email, with a copy of your CV quoting Job reference #TES1611-157298SM. Due to the high volume of responses for this role, only suitable candidates will be contacted. Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates applying through Smart Teachers will need to meet all compliance requirements. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent for any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).