Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Teacher Librarian at our Independent client school located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities. The ideal candidate will be available to start the role as soon as possible.
About the Role:
- K-12 Teacher Librarian
- Located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs
- Job Reference: #TES1709-521821SM
- Part-time 0.6FTE and permanent role
- Commencing ASAP
About the School:
- Convenient Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs Location with excellent transport links
- Aims to create learners who are decisive, creative and critical thinkers. Also create secure learning environment that pursues and encourages vibrant and dynamic pedagogy.
- Committed to enhancing academic and extra-curricular learning for each child
- The Library operates as a resource centre used by staff and students alike. It serves the dual purpose of enhancing and supporting the curriculum as well as providing leisure reading material. Primary classes have a dedicated library lesson with the librarian each week and the library is open at recess and lunchtimes as well as during the day for general use. The library houses material suitable for Year K to Year 12.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs and is easily accessible by public transport. This school is located 8kms (5 miles) from east of the Sydney central business district. The landscape in these areas is characterized by winding crescent-like streets, large homes and harbourside beaches and villages.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Hold a teaching qualification and or be studying towards, qualifications in teacher librarianship
- Have knowledge of library management systems and be able to set up and manage a school Library
- Must be respectful of the school’s Orthodox values and ethos
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number # TES1709-521821SM.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).