1 January 2020
Main pay scale
DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
The trustees of our happy and rapidly improving school, with superb facilities located on the outskirts of Carlisle, seek to employ an outstanding practitioner who is creative, imaginative, highly motivated and vibrant to teach a class of Year 5 and 6 children. Yewdale Primary School is part of the Cumbria Education Trust, leading the way in education in North Cumbria. The role presents an exciting opportunity to join the school and be part of our vision of providing an inspiring and innovative education for the pupils at Yewdale.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic class teacher to join us from January 2020 to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent communicator committed to being part of an effective team within the whole school community
• Set high expectations and have a commitment to challenging learners to achieve well
• Be a passionate, caring and inspirational teacher
• Be self-motivated and reliable
• Be enthusiastic about current research on thinking skills and building learning power
We can offer:
• A commitment to your personal and professional development and the opportunity to develop your role as a leader.
• Excellent facilities in an enviable location.
• The school is committed to safeguarding children and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mandy Sessford to make an appointment to visit the school or for an informal chat.
For an application pack please visit www.yewdale.cumbria.sch.uk or contact the school on 01228 830036.
Applications are welcome from both experienced colleagues and NQT’s.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS and Barred List checks are required for this post.
The closing date for applications for all posts is 9.00 am on Friday 25 October, interviews will be held the following week.
Please note: applicants should complete a Cumbria Education Trust application form which can be obtained by contacting the school as outlined above.