Launceston Church Grammar School is an Anglican co-educational day and boarding community where global learners and leaders are nurtured, challenged and inspired to serve and shape our world with courage, curiosity, creativity and compassion.
An exciting opportunity exists for an innovative and dynamic secondary school teacher to join our Mathematics department on a full-time basis from Term 1, 2020. This role is located at our Senior Campus in Mowbray Heights, Launceston, Tasmania.
We seek a registered teacher with proven commitment and energy, relevant experience, passion and commitment to teaching excellence. Experience teaching the Australian Mathematics curriculum at Grade 11 and 12 level is essential.
Applicants will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Education;
- current registration with the Tasmanian Teacher’s Registration Board, or be eligible for registration;
- current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania), or be eligible for registration;
- relevant experience teaching mathematics, particularly at Grade 11 and 12 level;
- skills in active listening, learning strategies, time management, service orientation, critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgement and decision making, and social perceptiveness;
- personal attributes of dependability, adaptability and flexibility, integrity, concern for others, cooperation, initiative, achievement / effort, and attention to detail.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School.
Salary will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (Teachers) Enterprise Agreement.
Information packs are available from the School website at https://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/positions-vacant and inquiries can be directed to Mrs Audra Anderson (Human Resources Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are required by close of business Monday 14 October 2019