Capital City Academy is seeking an exceptional Teacher of 3D Design for a part-time role starting in September 2021. A well-qualified and passionate individual, the successful candidate will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to supporting students in achieving the highest levels of academic success. They will also take responsibility for managing a well-resourced specialist workshop space.
Capital City Academy has been awarded the Artsmark Gold and has the Visual Arts as one of its two key specialisms alongside Sport. Due to the generosity and artistic talent of its sponsors, Capital City Academy has plans to build a multi-million pound Art Block to further develop its provision for the Visual Arts, for both students at Capital City Academy and the local community. This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher with expertise in 3D who wants to help grow the reputation and success of a very large, enthusiastic Visual Arts Department. They will be reflective and innovative, sharing the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy provides an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
The Visual Arts Department comprises a talented and forward-thinking team and there will be scope for the successful candidate to support the development of and learn from their colleagues. The department is very well established, with clear leadership and an impressive breadth of offer at all key stages, including 3D Design, Photography, Graphics, Fine Art and Textiles. Creativity is regarded very highly within the department, which places a major focus on practical, hands-on workshop learning, with students being exposed to a wide range of techniques and processes (casting, woodwork, etc). Students produce ambitious, sophisticated and highly creative outcomes that range from sculpture and installations, through to furniture and lighting. The members of the department run extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to enhance their progress with project work.
You will be:
- an outstanding teacher of 3D design
- able to develop others to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject
- equipped to deliver strong classroom management
- passionate about all the arts and their contribution to student progress and development across the curriculum
- equipped to support with managing the workshop space
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
We can offer you:
- A school that has the Arts as a specialism and places a huge value on all the arts supported by Trustees who are key players in and have good connections in the art world
- The opportunity to work with a large team of visual arts colleagues in a very supportive and well resourced environment
- Excellent CPD provision
- A school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to apply for this position, please complete and return the Application Form by email to email@example.com. Applications to be received by the closing date of 12 noon on Monday 24th May 2021 but interviews will be held as soon as applications are received.
FIND OUT MORE...
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years