Teacher of A Level Chemistry
Full Time and Permanent
Start Date : 23rd August 2021
With the ability to deliver outstanding lessons in A Level Chemistry, we would like to hear from enthusiastic teaching professionals who are passionate about their subject and enjoy supporting and challenging students to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
The Science Department is the largest department in the Sixth Form and remains a consistently popular area of study. As well as offering A Level courses, the department also offers highly successful vocational pathways in both a Single Vocational Applied Science and a Triple Vocational Applied Science. Applications remain increasingly buoyant in this popular area of study which delivers outstanding results annually and in addition to delivering the A Level curriculum, the successful candidate may be required to contribute to this thriving area of study.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching professional who is able to engage students with a range of diverse and well-planned lessons and who will stimulate their curiosity for the wider world of chemistry, alongside providing a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through wider enrichment of the curriculum.
With a collective focus on ensuring that every student achieves their personal best, the Sixth Form aims to create a culture and ethos which promotes initiative, curiosity, creativity, confidence and independence in all our learners.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals, then we would like to hear from you for the post of Teacher of A Level Chemistry.
From August 2021 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm for Chemistry through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to enthuse others with a love for their subject and to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who is creative and able to engage and inspire students
• With the desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• A truly Collegiate and supportive approach
• Salary ranging from £25,570 - £41,732 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• A commitment to supporting your health and wellbeing
• Professional teacher conditions of service on a Sixth Form College contract
Applications for this position are welcomed from experienced staff and teachers in the early stages of their career. The college has an established programme of professional development support led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, The Sixth Form Bolton, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: 18th April 2021
Interviews to be held: Week Commencing : 26th April 2021
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service
The Sixth Form Bolton
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years