Aylesbury High School is an 11-18 girls’ selective school with 1298 on roll, including 386 in the Sixth Form. We have strong community and international links, and a commitment to excellence. Our students are well motivated and responsive to high quality teaching which enables them to enjoy their learning. The school has been judged ‘Outstanding’ in all categories by Ofsted.
For this role we are open to discussing the possibility of part time hours. Please indicate your available working hours as part of your letter of application. A full time post would be considered if you are able to offer a second subject.
Our Psychology Department enjoys links with our Science Faculty and is a very popular subject amongst our Sixth Form students with three classes in each year group. We have enthusiastic and able students and results are consistently high with 49% of last year’s cohort achieving A*-A and 80% achieving A*-B.
You will be joining a friendly, professional and flexible organisation that is wholly committed to securing the best outcomes for each student in our care.
We require someone with:
- A good honours degree in a relevant subject.
- A real enthusiasm for the subject and a confident classroom presence.
- The ability to build good relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- The proven or potential ability to lead a high-achieving department.
In return, we can offer you:
- A very supportive and friendly team, with well-developed resources.
- The opportunity to teach well-behaved and highly motivated students, who are enthusiastic about learning and have a desire to succeed.
- Excellent facilities.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our students’ learning experiences.
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development, including Teaching and Learning lunches, leadership programmes and many other opportunities.
- A very warm and welcoming working environment.
- Your own laptop.
- An opportunity to get involved in other school activities such as school productions, trips, Duke of Edinburgh Awards etc.
Closing Date: Monday 18 November, 12 noon
Interviews: The following week
For more information, visit the vacancies page of our school website:
www.ahs.bucks.sch.uk/about-the-school/staff-vacancies. To arrange an informal discussion and/or a visit to the school prior to application, please contact Mrs Osgerby, Head’s PA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position will be shortlisted and interviewed at the earliest opportunity. Early applications for this post are recommended.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Statement is here. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.