The Ockendon Academy are currently looking for a Teacher of Animal Care & Management, undertaking preparation, delivery and marking of our Higher Education (levels 4-6) Animal Management learning programme and ensuring achievement of agreed performance and quality targets.
As part of the teacher role you will deliver the practical and theory aspects of the Animal Care and Management curriculum and deliver high quality, inspirational teaching which encourages students to reach their full potential, promoting progression on to higher level courses or preparing them for careers working with animals. As part of the Animal Care team, you will be required to participate in the resourcing, preparation, delivery and assessment of the course. You will also undertake course administration including setting and reviewing academic targets with students. You will take an active part in course related trips and visits, recruitment of students and supporting the work experience that students undertake as part of their course as well as ensuring that all awarding body standards are met.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of providing support for students and will be flexible, self-motivated and dedicated to student achievement and quality. Up to date knowledge and experience of animal husbandry including exotics, small mammals, large farm animals and birds are essential. Experience in animal training, anatomy and physiology, animal breeding and research methods would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum, ideally to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith at email@example.com to make arrangements.
To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Descr iption, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.