Dubai English Speaking School (DESS) is a multi-award winning, thriving, not-for-profit provider of primary education (3-11 years). Previously awarded the "Best Primary School in the UAE" and “Best School in the UAE”, DESS is the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai but is always at the cutting edge of new developments in Education. Please visit our website and YouTube.
DESS seeks to recruit the very best teachers who will help us to continue to provide this high standard of education.
The successful applicant will:
Hold a degree in either Arabic or Education
- Be qualified (have KHDA approval) to teach Arabic to non-native speakers (Arabic B)
- Be an experienced Primary Arabic Language teacher with proven success
- Be proficient in English
- Value being part of an established team and be a ‘team player’
- Respond to feedback and have the drive to improve practice in-line with the school vision
- Be talented, highly motivated and have a genuine passion for teaching children and promoting a love for language learning
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the school’s vision, including extracurricular activities
- Be willing to share expertise, knowledge and skills with the wider school community and maintain a personal commitment to professional development
- Be committed to inclusive education with a willingness to response to the needs of all children
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be motivated to develop effective partnerships with all stakeholders
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Premium Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
To apply: Please refer to the Job description and complete the application form, which is available on our Careers Page or below and return it by email with the title of the role you are applying for in the subject field to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be accepted, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date for applications is Thursday 6th January 2022
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications, birth certificate and passport; obtaining three satisfactory references (including current / most recent employer and two previous employers); providing a Police Certificate(s) for the last five years from all countries that the applicant has resided in; Prohibition Checks (for applicants with a UK background). Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview and may be explored further.
About Dubai English Speaking School
Dubai English Speaking School (DESS), the ‘home of irresistible learning’ is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. Voted as the Best Primary School in the UAE and Best School in the UAE at the Schools C...