Fir Vale School is an over-subscribed 11 – 16 school, providing for an ethnically diverse student population in a state-of-the-art learning environment and we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic part time teacher of Arabic to be part of our multi-cultural school community.
• It is an occupational requirement that the post holder speaks Arabic in order to support Arabic speaking students for whom English is not their first language. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
• Arabic speaking candidates only need apply under schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
The Teacher would:
• Work with the Head of Languages to deliver the Arabic Examination course to 14 – 16 year olds.
• Plan, teach and assess GCSE Arabic
• Be fluent in both Arabic and English.
• Educate 11-16 year olds in Arabic culture and experiences
Part- time hours would include:
• Thursdays 12pm – 4.30pm
• Fridays 1.30pm – 4.30pm
This includes 5 hours of teaching and 2.5 hours for planning and assessment
If Arabic cultural or enrichment activities take place outside of these working hours, these would be paid at an hourly rate
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
For informal discussion please contact Marie Shiels, Business Manager Tel: 0114 2439391.
Is this the challenge for you?
Closing Date: Friday 20 September 2019
Interviews to be held W/C 23 September 2019
Application forms and further details are available from the School website - www.firvale.com or by contacting the school on 0114 2439391
Completed forms should be submitted directly to the school. Applications by CV will not be accepted. Please do not apply on line from this website using the Sheffield Council application form, as a school application form must be completed