Teacher of Art
(0.8 FTE, Temporary Contract - Maternity Cover)
Required for January 2018
Beckfoot Thornton is in an extremely exciting period on its journey to becoming a truly great school having just joined the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust. It is a popular 11 to 18 school with approximately 1500 students on roll, including a very active Sixth Form of approximately 175 students. The school is fully inclusive and is set in the outskirts of the city of Bradford.
As the successful candidate you will be joining Beckfoot Thornton at an exciting time of rapid change and refocusing of the school to ensure good or better progress is made by ALL of our young people.
We are looking to appoint an innovative, forward looking Teacher of Art to join our team of dedicated teachers. We offer GCSE Fine Art, GCSE 3D and GCSE Photography, as well as A level Fine Art and A level Photography, AQA Specifications. The Department is a large and successful Department that year on year achieves some of the highest results in the school. Art is a popular subject, we cater for the needs of all ours students, aiming to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to be successful in our subject, many of our students leave school to pursue creative courses at both further education and Degree level.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering positive results and be looking to further develop their career in a school that actively supports and encourages staff development through CPD and training. You will work well under pressure and be a confident communicator and team player. In addition we offer:
• An opportunity to work at a school that forms part of the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust which provides high teaching expertise with shared learning and collaborative working.
• Talented students who are eager to learn and inspired to achieve the best that they can
• A highly skilled, committed and supportive team.
1. Complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form, which can be downloaded from the school’s website at www.beckfootthornton.org. CVs will not be accepted.
2. Write a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4, font no smaller than 11. In your letter please identify how your experience and personal qualities meet the requirements for the post and use this as an opportunity to identify your areas of specific strength in the role.
3. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by no later than Monday 16th October 2017 at 9.00am. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 16th October 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS check and at least two previous employer references. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the successful applicant will need to speak fluent English.