Are you passionate about teaching Art and Design? Would you like to join a team of dedicated and reflective practitioners whose aim is to help students of all abilities develop the skills and qualities which will allow them to excel in the future?
Furze Platt is a highly successful mixed comprehensive school serving the children of Maidenhead. 1270 boys and girls of all abilities thrive at our school. We are a highly ambitious, high-achieving and fully inclusive school providing an outstanding education for all. We want our students to enjoy the time they spend with us by providing an education which is broad, stimulating and rewarding. We are also proud of the range of extra-curricular opportunities we provide for students outside of the classroom.
We are currently recruiting a Teacher of Art and Design to join our successful and expanding school. We are particularly keen to talk to applicants who can deliver graphics skills in Design and Technology to KS3 students.
We can offer you:-
· the harmonious and friendly atmosphere which exists on our campus
· the opportunity to join a happy and successful school which has been rated as one of the country’s highest achieving comprehensive schools by the SSAT, with excellent exam results and whose Progress 8 score is in the top 24% of schools nationally
· fantastic support from your line manager and a Senior Leadership Team who genuinely want to see you succeed and develop here at Furze Platt. NQTs are allocated a mentor, a reduced timetable and the opportunity to attend training sessions run by specialists from a group of Maidenhead schools
· career opportunities allowing you to grow professionally within Furze Platt including working parties and coaching for experienced teachers and leadership training for aspiring and existing middle and senior leaders
· the chance to teach Art & Design in our Sixth Form which has 250 students
· excellent on-site facilities
· access to a newly installed gym
· your own laptop, student laptops and interactive whiteboards
· access to an employee advice service which provides information, helpful resources and other services
· Invitations to whole school social events and gatherings to celebrate success
The successful candidate will:
· be confident to deliver KS3, KS4 and KS5 lessons in Art and Design as well as having excellent subject knowledge and a passion for teaching a subject which consistently achieves outstanding exam results at both GCSE and A level
· be able to deliver engaging lessons which inspire and encourage all students to value the importance of Art & Design in everyday life
· be a newly qualified or experienced teacher
Interested applicants are welcome to talk to Mrs Debbie Harding, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org about this post, or to visit the school.
To learn more about our school please refer to our website www.furzeplatt.com.
Closing Date: Friday 15th June 2018.
We welcome early applications.
Furze Platt Senior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.