Teacher of Art & Design/Photography
Reference Number: SCC1718101
Salary: £18,717 - £30,998(a pro-rata of £23,396—£38,748) per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 20th May 2018
Interview Date: Friday 25th May 2018
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 0.8 FTE
We require an Art & Design/Photography Teacher to teach across our level 1 to level 3 vocational courses. The successful candidate will preferably have experience of working as a practicing artist and have an ability to teach Art and Design, as well as strong digital skills. This should include experience in a range of practical photography studio activities and have an in depth working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Candidates should have an interest in developing aspects of learning through the use of ICT and must be an excellent communicator, motivator and efficient teacher in terms of delivery and organisation; with comprehensive subject knowledge. We would welcome an innovator and catalyst, who is a team player and is able to contribute to future changes and new initiatives within the department. The ability to contribute to teaching in other specialisms in Art & Design would be advantageous, for example Product Design and Graphic Design. The successful applicant must be available for an immediate start.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.