Bishop David Brown School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational teacher of Art & Design (Textiles) teacher from September 2017 although there may be flexibility for the selected candidate to start earlier. The successful candidate will have a textiles specialism. Experience of other media such as graphics would be advantageous.
Bishop David Brown is a small 11-16 mixed school with friendly staff near Woking in Surrey. We are wholly committed to go the extra mile for our young people, not only in the classroom but with our range of extracurricular opportunities that we offer. At its last Ofsted inspection the school was rated as Good with Outstanding features. Identified as an expanding school by the local authority, pupil numbers and facilities will increase over the next five years.
The successful applicant will have high expectations of all students and a strong desire to succeed. For the right individual this post presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and a lasting contribution to the success of Art & Design (Textiles) at Bishop David Brown School. This post is suitable to new entrants to the profession as well as experienced teachers.
This school can offer:
• Engaged and well-behaved students;
• supportive management structure;
• opportunities to develop and progress your career through our comprehensive CPD programme;
• a well-structured programme of induction that includes pre-start induction days and weekly support meetings; and
• an excellent package of medical and well-being support.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate the skills of a good teacher;
• be able to interest, encourage and engage students;
• provide appropriate levels of challenge so that all students make good progress;
• use methods and resources that enable all students to learn effectively;
• use assessment information effectively to plan the next steps in student’s learning; and
• make effective use of their time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a positive difference to the life experiences and achievements of our students. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Carol Ball, Headteacher’s PA, (email@example.com) to arrange an appointment.
Bishop David Brown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment.