Teacher of Art
(0.6) Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
T 1 – 9 MPS
From 1st January 2020
The governors of this oversubscribed 11-16 Voluntary Aided RC High School are seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Art. Part time, fixed term for 2 terms with the possibility of permanent post.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual with ambition and drive, who is passionate about improving the lives of young people. Joining a dynamic and forward looking team you will be given the opportunity to be at the forefront of a fast paced life-transforming team.
As a Catholic Christian community, we offer a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to engage with wonderfully able students who with the right guidance can be inspired to achieve the highest grades. The school has a very successful and effective induction programme for new colleagues. We are committed to developing leaders and preparing middle leaders for more senior roles by supporting them through nationally recognised leadership qualifications and opportunities to lead initiatives to improve the progress of our young people.
We are very determined in our mission to transform the lives of young people and create outstanding life chances through educational achievement. We are looking for an innovative, outstanding teacher to inspire students of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidate will:
• Be willing to actively support the Catholic Christian ethos of our school
• Have a passion for teaching and have the potential to inspire students and colleagues with a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• Have a high level of assessment, monitoring, tracking and intervention skills
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have the resilience to work as a team to mend broken lives, fan the flames of enthusiasm and further inspire those who are already excited about a bright future
• Have the drive to prepare young people to be ‘game changers’ in the world.
Do you have what it takes to realise our dream? Can you inspire young people to ‘dream the impossible and achieve beyond their wildest imagination?’ Be part of our life transforming team!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applications to be received by: 5th December 2019 Noon
Shortlisting on: TBC
Interviews on: TBC