Focus School Atherstone Campus is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Art, Design and Food Technology on a part time basis.
We are a small, successful Y3-13 mixed independent school with a strong Christian ethos located in the picturesque Roman town of Atherstone, located near to the towns of Nuneaton and Tamworth and close to the city of Coventry.
The school has undergone a rapid and sustained transformation in recent times and is a strong member of the OneSchool organisation (the largest body of independent schools in the world). We are at the cutting edge of technology and educational innovation and we place the success and happiness of our pupils, Self-Directed Learning and our unique and comprehensive CPD programme at the heart of all we do.
Having recently relocated to Atherstone from a Coventry site, the school was judged to be “Good” in its most recent School Inspection Service (SIS) report. The school benefits from excellent teaching and support staff, well-behaved and engaged students and small class sizes.
- Be highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have in depth subject knowledge
- Be an inspiring and engaging teacher
- Be a self-directed learning enthusiast
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- Excellent working environment with good resources
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
- Students that are hardworking and positive about their learning
- Small class sizes
- Supportive colleagues and community
- Enthusiastic and motivated students
- Access to our new teacher academy, providing an opportunity to enhance your teaching experience with support for continued professional development, including our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme
- Access to cutting edge, world leading educational practice as part of the largest network of schools globally
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. For more information and to arrange a visit, please contact the Head Teacher on 01827 721751.
Interviews will be held on Friday 25th May 2018
Please visit our website: http://atherstone.focus-school.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust.
Focus School Atherstone Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment