Posting Date: 04.11.2019
Closing Date: 03.01.2020
Following the success of Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside where 1700 students study in one of Southeast Asia’s finest schools, Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong opened in 2018. A primary school, we provide almost 1,000 places for children aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Operating within a world-class and purpose built facility, students and teachers enjoy wide access to our art and design studios, science laboratory, swimming pools, gymnastics centre and rooftop football pitch. These spaces, among others, have been designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The school enjoys an advantageous setting in Tseung Kwan O - easily accessible by road and MTR, it also benefits from the strongest of partnerships with Shrewsbury School in the UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk).
An excellent and internationally competitive package of benefits is offered under the terms of a two year contract.
- The Teacher of Art, Design and Technology will:
- Report to the Assistant Principal who will be his / her Line Manager
- Plan, develop, implement and review excellent Schemes of Work relating to Art, Design and Technology, including Coding
- Teach across Key Stage 1 and 2
- Contribute fully to our Extra Curricular Activity programme
The Teacher of Art, Design and Technology will:
- Have a minimum of three years of experience
- Be passionate about the development of young people and fostering a love of Art, Design and Technology
- Be able to nurture and stretch the most able whilst also making lessons accessible and enjoyable for all
- Have a full understanding of the English National Curriculum with regard to Art, Design and Technology objectives and expectations and have the ability to interpret these creatively
- Be able to share personal passion and expertise and willing to play an active role in developing the knowledge of the wider academic team
- Be internationally minded, demonstrating experience of and interest in working with children who speak English as an additional language
- Be an advocate for the benefits of a broad curriculum
- Will have a track record of exceptional pastoral care and be able to prioritise the happiness and wellbeing of all students
- Have excellent communication skills with all constituencies within the school
- Enjoy working as part of a talented and experienced team
- Manage his / her own time effectively - particularly in relation to balancing the demands made by teaching, subject management and involvement in school development
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend regular in-house child protection and safeguarding programmes and sign a Code of Conduct;
- Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in The School’s Speak Out Policy;
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport)
- 3 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract
- Verification of original qualifications
How to Apply:
Applications will only be accepted through the full completion of a Teacher Online Application Form at: https://www.shrewsbury.edu.hk/recruitment/vacancies
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://www.shrewsbury.edu.hk.
Any queries should be forwarded to our HR Officer, Ms Momoko Law at: firstname.lastname@example.org