MPR / UPR (Outer London)
Aylward Academy are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher of Art. We believe the teaching of art and design should support students to think independently and to develop their own creative confidence as a means to making a difference to the world. The successful applicant will be passionate about Art & Design education. They will be well organised and willing to go the ‘extra mile’ and will be focused on the attainment of all pupils. They will hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and may be starting out as an NQT, or have a proven track record of successful Art & Design teaching across all key stages.
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
Aylward Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and other pathways.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Enfield as an 11-18 school and Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in 2016.
We are looking for:
- A passionate and innovative Teacher of Art who can inspire our students to give their best, whatever their age or ability.
- An inspiring and motivational teacher who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential
- A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the Art department by implementing their own ideas and strategies
- Have a fantastic record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Be self motivated, committed to lifelong learning and an excellent role model for our learners
- Have vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of teachers.
- Hold relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- Have a genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- Have a passion for teaching a broad range of disciplines within art.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher and as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A ‘three in three years’ programme to develop you in the profession.
We actively welcome visits where you will meet Remo Iafrate (Principal) and our Art team. Please contact Georgia Georgiou (PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: Teachers’ pension, a health cash plan and childcare vouchers.
This position is required to commence September 2018. Interviews will take place week commencing 18 June 2018.
Closing date: Friday 8 June 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.