Varee Chiangmai International School is seeking a Teacher of Art for Key Stage 4 and A-Level starting January 2018. The school follows the UK based Cambridge International Examinations curriculum leading to IGCSE and A-Levels.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a small, growing school with approximately 275 students on roll. It is part of a larger Thai school based in the northern Thai city of Chiangmai and is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust). Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. It has a laid back atmosphere, enjoys a mild climate most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education; or a Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Have experience in the UK or overseas in English National Curriculum schools
- Have experience in teaching the Art and Design courses at GCSE/IGCSE and A Level.
- Be confident in the use of technology, both in teaching and in administration.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The school offers a salary and benefits package in line with other international schools in Chiangmai.
Interested candidates should first read through the school website, international.varee.ac.th, and send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org