Are you passionate about Art and Graphic Design? Do you have experience teaching Graphics under the Art & Design specification? Are you committed and self-motivated, and ensure that every student achieves beyond their own expectation?
We are looking for an outstanding and well-qualified Art & Design practitioner, who has excellent Graphics subject knowledge, is excited about teaching and learning, has innovative ideas and is dedicated to motivating and challenging students to achieve beyond their expected target. You should have the experience to teach Art & Design: Graphics at KS3 and GCSE with an excellent record of results.
Our vision is to inspire our students and to provide specialised teaching and learning at KS3 in preparation for GCSE, A Level and the creative world beyond. Our DNA faculty structures KS3 Art & Design into six specialist areas: Drawing, Fine Art, Textiles, Photography, Graphics and Elements & Principles.
Our courses are a popular choice with qualifications in GCSE Fine Art, Graphics, Photography and Textiles at GCSE and A Level Fine Art and Photography. Our faculty relies on its dynamic team to commit to both curricular and extra-curricular activities within Art & Design. We ensure that our pupils are taught by professionals who have a genuine drive in the progress of pupils.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
- To consistently plan and deliver good and outstanding Graphics lessons under the Art & Design specification
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Art & Design across all ages and ability ranges
- To consistently demonstrate excellent Graphic Design subject knowledge
- To devise innovative, exciting ideas to motivate students in reaching their potential
- To ensure that students’ work is assessed regularly and conscientiously, in accordance
with the faculty's marking policy
- To assess and moderate internal examinations and as required
- To be fully committed to and actively contribute to the department enrichment activities programme and intervention
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the academy and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed
- To carry out the roles and responsibility of a tutor as directed by the pastoral team