King George V School is looking for a Teacher of Art to start in August 2021.
At KGV School, all our staff are leaders and we shape our culture by:
· Modelling and maximising learning through building capacity in others and participating as a learner;
· Contributing to our collaborative and professional environment by enacting our four elements of trust – compassion, competence, communication and consistency;
· Accepting personal accountability for our behaviours and the quality of our outcomes.
The position is a full-time, two-year finite contract position, from August 2021 to August 2023.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts, plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification, or equivalent
· Teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation;
· Teaching competence and capacity to teach Visual Art in MYP in years 7 to 9, IGCSE Art and Design, and IBDP Visual Arts and a particular interest in BTEC Art would be welcome.
· There are four teachers in the department, and we would welcome a colleague from any Art specialism.
· Experience using data on student learning to shape curriculum, teaching and assessment provision.
· An ability to contribute strongly to the Art Department’s Professional Learning Team collaboration, which is focused on improving student learning;
· Effective interpersonal skills and drive to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents;
· Willingness to contribute to the school extra-curricular programme.
Closing Deadline: 15th December 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
At ESF King George V School (KGV), our purpose is based on our belief that every student can ‘be their own remarkable…’ as they achieve, improve and learn. Our vision is to create a ‘school for one’. A place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be.
Our school is also about continual improvement. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead.
The school is well known for its commitment to developing all aspects of student life and it has a fine tradition in sport, music, drama, dance, community service, charity work and environmental sustainability. Our school has a very strong House system, which is run and inspired by our students and provides a wide range of learning opportunities and activities.
King George V School - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of age 11 - 18 years
King George V (KGV) School’s Kowloon Learning Campus is a mixed non-denominational secondary school situated in Kowloon, an urban area of Hong Kong, China. It is an English language state school and has been a member of the English Schools Foundation...