This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated teacher to join this successful and supportive department. The vacancy has arisen due to the growing popularity of the subject. The appointment is on a part time 0.6 basis, although a full-time post would be considered if applicants offered a second subject. NQTs or experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Here are some of the key reasons Tiffin is a great School in which to work:
• a vibrant and friendly staff, with a diverse mix of teachers and associate staff. “It is easy to take the school for granted, but what has kept me here are the superb opportunities and the stimulus many of the pupils provide” (current teacher)
• very bright and able students who are motivated and eager to learn, in an environment of excellent behaviour. “I would be very grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all the teachers who have helped and supported me over the last seven years and allowed me to make the most of all the fantastic opportunities I have been given” (ex pupil)
• huge range of extra curricular provision in which both teachers and pupils take part. “Our son has taken part in so many extra curricular activities over the past 7 years … he’s played in almost every school orchestra, sung in venues across the world including the Royal Opera House, been a Ball Boy for Andy Murray in the finals and taken part in, we think, almost every sport Tiffin offers. Again, he and we are immensely grateful to all the terrific staff at Tiffin who have given him these opportunities” (former parent)
• a commitment to professional development
• a location close to Kingston town centre, and excellent public transport links to Central London, minutes away from the train and bus stations. We are close to Richmond and Bushy Parks, and the Surrey countryside. Our sports ground is beautifully situated with the River Thames and Hampton Court Palace very close by
• benefits include: season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme/salary advance scheme for a rental deposit/free on-site parking/enhanced maternity benefits/two week Autumn half term break
“Tiffin is an outstanding school” – Ofsted 2007 and 2011
For a good feel of the School please look at the Head’s Newsletters on the website. We have also been reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Please see our website to read the review.
Closing date: Noon on Monday, 25 March 2019.