Part Time (0.8125 FTE) 4 Days Monday - Thursday
Fixed Term from February 2020 to January 2021
This is a small but vibrant Department which is looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic subject specialist to make a significant impact on the outcomes for our students.
With sole responsibility for the delivery of A Level Art, Craft and Design and A Level Fine Art we are seeking to appoint a teaching professional who is able to engage students with a range of diverse and well planned lessons that will stimulate their creativity and artistic expression as well as providing a course of study that provides both excitement and enjoyment through a wider understanding of the Arts.
All curriculum delivery is well supported by the Head of Department and the majority of the timetable to be covered is teaching on the A Level courses with a small contribution toward the UAL L3 Extended Diploma Art and Design course.
The Department is located in purpose-built facilities and has a range of specialist resources that include a general art/craft studio, a specialist photography studio and darkroom and a specialist graphic design studio.
The staff within the Department are very dedicated, creative individuals who are committed to positive student outcomes. The successful applicant can count on the support of a committed team.
If you have the motivation to guide, support and inspire the next generation of professionals working in the world of Arts, then we would like to hear from you to join our team.
From February 2020 we are looking for someone:
• With vision, energy and exciting ideas to build on current good practice and results
• That has the ability to engage students and inspire an enthusiasm and understanding of Art through excellent subject knowledge
• Who is a strong classroom practitioner able to inspire high performing students as well as nurture those less confident in their ability
• Who has the understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes
• Has a knowledge and an understanding of delivering a practical course and is able to relate this directly to sector good practice.
• Has a desire to share good practice and make a real contribution to the development of the department and the progress of our students
We can offer you:
• A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
• Salary ranging from £24,098 - £39,329 (SFCA Teaching Pay Scale)
• Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
• Optional wellbeing days / activities
This post represents an excellent opportunity for either, an NQT looking for the first step in their career teaching in a high performing Sixth Form College, or an experienced and inspirational classroom practitioner aiming to develop their expertise.
The college has an established programme of professional development support which is led by senior managers and actively encourages individuals with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in their chosen profession.
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Tuesday 19th November 2019 @ 23:59pm
Interviews will take place: Monday 25th November 2019
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service