DHFS is a successful, oversubscribed outstanding school with 1803 students on roll including 319 in the Sixth Form. We were designated as “outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted in November 2015. The school is situated close to the centres of Sheffield and Chesterfield on the edge of the Peak District National Park. The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic specialist, to join a dedicated and well-motivated team. The Department plays a key role within the Creative Arts Faculty, aiming to improve standards of achievement across a range of courses at KS3, KS4 and KS5 and contributing significantly to the enhanced life of the school.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
• are excellent and innovative classroom practitioners able to teach through KS3 to KS5
• demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and raising of achievement and progress of all students
• are excited about the potential of working in a school where pedagogy and CPD are highly valued and recognised as outstanding
• enjoy working with other practitioners in related disciplines such as Performing Arts and Music as part of the Creative Arts Faculty
• have the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of the Faculty, to meet the highest standards and to be a role model for our students.
DHFS is a school that stands out. Our aim is for “Success with Care” and we achieve that as a result of our philosophy of “Commitment Not Compliance”. We are a learning community dedicated to providing an exceptional education for our students as a result of the exceptional skill and dedication of our staff. At DHFS “every person matters”. Our international work is highly valued and recognised with the International School Award.
Application packs are available from Stephanie Dunne (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the above address or from the school website. Please apply with a covering letter directly to the school, for the attention of the Headteacher.